Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update...

My mom called me around 12:30pm yesterday to tell me they were going to move Grammy. We went up to be with the family for the evening, and get her settled. Grammy has been moved from the hospital to a Hospice center. It is a very nice place, with room for all of us to be with her. It is quiet and peaceful, and the staff are such wonderful, caring people. The Lord has blessed them with a special gift. (I'll write about that more later) She's been taken off everything except the oxygen, and they are giving her pain medicine to keep her pretty sedated so that she is not having all the involuntary movement. They have told us it will not be long, her blood pressure is very low, and she is not getting any nourishment, no IV's or anything. She looks like she is in a peaceful sleep, and has been unresponsive since Tuesday. She is basically in a coma now, it's up to the Lord how long before He calls her home. We are kind of expecting it to be sometime Tuesday, since it will be exactly three years since my Granddad passed away on that day. My dad is taking this really hard. Please pray for us all...

No comments: